IMPORTANT CHANGES TO NBC OKLAHOMA'S WEBSITE
NBC Oklahoma is updating our online banking platform as part of our recent ongoing efforts to upgrade our system and serve our customers better moving forward. On this page are some things that you need to know -- and do -- before them as a customer.
To see detailed instructions, click on and expand the headings at the bottom of this web page to read the letters sent home to you as either business or residential banking customers. Also on this page, you can also see the important dates to note at a glance, as well as frequently asked questions about what our new website with a [dot]bank extension means to you. After May 10, you'll go to NBC.bank to conduct your business online or via mobile device. After May 10, we will add links on our website to NBC Oklahoma's new mobile applications for Android and Apple devices.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- Wednesday, May 3: Last day for business customers to have a scheduled bill payment completed. This service will not transfer to new system.
- Thursday, May 4: Last day for residential customers to schedule transfers and bill payments in time for them to convert to new system.
- Monday, May 8 after 3 p.m.: Business customers can no longer make ACH transfers until after the banking conversion.
- Tuesday, May 9: Internet and mobile banking will be offline all day. Banking business must be conducted in one of NBC Oklahoma's branches.
- Wednesday, May 10: Internet and mobile banking back online at new website, nbc.bank. Also, you will see changes to our website that day.
FAQS ABOUT NEW [DOT]BANK DOMAIN NAME EXTENSION*
- Verification of eligible financial institutions’ charter/licenses for regulated entities so that only legitimate entities are awarded domain names in the first place. These are verified during initial registration and at each renewal or at least every two years, whichever comes first.
- Domain name system security extensions so that Internet users land on legitimate websites and aren’t misdirected to malicious ones.
- For institutions using a [dot]bank domain for email, authentication of institutions’ emails and verification that any change to registration data is made only by authorized users.
- Strong encryption.
- Prohibition of privacy registration to ensure full disclosure of registration information.
Banks who have this extension have gone through:
- A security check
- Verification of their organization, jurisdiction and banking credentials
- Verification of their domain name, telephone number, employment of the listed contact and the contact’s authority.
Thank you for your patience during these changes as we strive to provide you with the latest online banking features and deliver them securely. If you have any questions, please call our Customer Service Department at 405-748-9188 or 800-590-2580. Watch our website and social media sites (facebook.com/nbcok and twitter.com/nbcoklahoma) for updates and information.
Can't find what you are looking for?
For more information contact your local branch office.